Friday, August 20, 2010

Hiking in Flagstaff




Hello Loyal Readers! I know, I know, it has been a while since my last entry. As some of you may have read, last weekend Joe and I tried to have a grown ups outing in Flagstaff with our dear friend Casey and Joe's friend from work Jeff. We had it all planned out, Casey and I would hike Fat Man's Loop (a steep, but short 2 mile loop) and Joe and Jeff would do a much harder and longer hike. We left our house at 5am and headed to grandma's. We said good-bye to Margot and we were on the road to Flagstaff by 6am. The drive up was wonderful! It was so great to have some quality time with my husband and bestie! Unfortunately, Margot did not feel the same way. Leave it to me to have a picky child :P As it turns out my beautiful daughter is a Diva! She would not take the multitude of bottles offered to her. This required Casey and I to call off our hike (we were about half way up the trail) and head home. One would think this trip turned into a wash...but one would be wrong. It was great just to spend some girl time. It didn't matter whether we were hiking or driving, Casey and I had a great time catching up, talking about life, and singing our hearts out to the "Dixie Chicks". We got to Shari's house to pick up Margot around 2pm. I fed my little bugger butt and we headed to my house. The rest of the day was absolutely peaceful. Casey stayed (yes!) and we watched movies and ordered pizza! Perfect end to a perfect day!

2 comments: