Friday, June 11, 2010

How many movies can one person watch?

Okay, I will admit it...I am a movie addict. For the last week, I have been watching movies galore! I think I have watched all of my movies as well as every single Netflix Watch It Now movie available online :) Ah, what a wonderful life I lead.

And what do I do when I am not watching movies? Nap. I have had some of the best naps this week! I forgot how refreshing they can be, especially since I have not been sleeping through the night. In fact, I just woke up from my morning nap, and I gotta tell you, I am feeling mighty spry. If you have the opportunity, I suggest you try it :)

In other news, Joe and I have been setting up the house for Margot's arrival. We had some little projects we wanted to get done before the lil'girl arrives. One such project was to convert one of the 3 closets in our room (yes, 3) into an alcove for our armoire to free up some space. Joe moved it last weekend, and man oh man does it look good. Casey, who has know of these plans since their conception, came to see it (she loved it) and suggested to add trim around the converted closet to give the new space a defined purpose-and so it doesn't look like we converted a closet into an alcove. We loved the idea and are going to install it soon.

The other important projects we wanted to get done were the two bathrooms upstairs.The demolition on our bathrooms upstairs is set to start Saturday. I am so excited to finally have fresh and clean bathrooms upstairs. I don't think any updates have been made to these bathrooms since they were built in the 1970s, so this will be a good refresher for them. We are essentially replacing everything like the vanity, mirrors, toilets, and shower door; and adding tile, fresh paint, and new towel bars etc. We also decided to refinish the tubs-which will be awesome since it would be quite costly to completely take them out and replace them- plus, I am not sure if we could do that anyways without permission from the HOA. This project will be done next week, I am so looking forward to it :) This is the last "demolition" project we have to do on the house and I am so excited that this place is feeling more and more like our home. I will post pictures of the finished bathrooms next week!

1 comment:

  1. Man, I have such good ideas, I am glad you don't make major life decisions without me :)

    ReplyDelete