Thursday, June 3, 2010

Relax?! I don't know the meaning of the word

So today I stayed home all day to "relax", as per my husband Joseph's encouragement. But what I am starting to realize is that we all have a different definitions of relaxing. For me, relaxing can involve fun activities such as swimming, crafting, cleaning, etc. However, I don't think this is the traditional view of relaxation. I have come to the conclusion that when most people think of relaxation they think bed, couch, movies, and the act of nothingness. No-thank-you!

It is only 1pm and I have found myself trying to think of things to do or get done around the house. The thought of swimming was appealing, but then I realized that I would have to go through the hassle of getting in my car and traveling to said pool--so that idea was out. So instead, I have resolved to doing laundry, cooking, organizing the bookshelf down stairs, blogging, and looking into my new job a bit more. I have decided that I might need to go to Michael's to get some crafting supplies to get me through the rest of this week :) Don't get me wrong, I am not ungrateful for the free time that I have, it's just a new adjustment. I am really glad that I have the time right now to do what I want when I want to because lord knows that will change when Margot gets here :)

In other news, Casey (B.F.F.) spent her second night in her apartment, this time with electricity and air conditioning! These are essentials, especially during the summer in AZ. I do have to admit, it was fun having her stay a couple nights with us while that stuff was being sorted out :) I am going to stop by her new place tonight to check it out in all of its glory! We did get a lot done when she moved in last weekend, but I know she has done oodles more since I have been there. I am excited for this new chapter in her life, I think she will really enjoy living on her own. Plus, it will give us a cool hangout place where we can have dinner, crafts night, or just hangout! I am looking forward to these activities...I should probably fill her in on my plans though :P

1 comment:

  1. I realize that I need to make you a key to my new place so I can come home to you crafting at my dining room table, it doesn't sound like I need to be there for your plans, hahaha

    Also, I have not had a strong enough influence on you cleaning = relaxation?! Who are you?! This is why I hang out at your house, so you can learn how to lie around, watching movies, and the art of nothingness.

    ReplyDelete