Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Job Title: Mommy!



Margot Lynn Crabtree was born on June 18th at 11:47am. She was 7lbs 13 oz 21in long.

I went into labor on Thursday, June 17th in the late afternoon (around 2pm). Earlier that day I had gone to the city dump with Denise, Kyle, Brady, and Shari. Brady, my 2yr old nephew, is really into garbage trucks, so Kyle set up a tour for all of us, it was pretty cool! Then, after the excitement at the dump, Denise, Shari, and I went searching for treasures at Deseret Industries. After hours of shopping and exploring, we went home and I finally decided to start timing the contractions I had been having throughout the day. At 2pm the contractions were 8 minutes apart and from then on, they kept progressing. Finally, on June 18th at 1:11am my water broke and Joe and I headed to the hospital. On our way to the hospital I swiftly made all the essential calls to Casey, Shari (Joe's mom), and my mom (Gloria). It was such as crazy experience; I was feeling excited, frantic, anxious, and happiness all at the same time.


Once we got to the hospital, reality started to sink in--she was coming! Casey, my mom, and Shari stayed at the hospital anticipating Margot's arrival for 10 hours! Talk about love and dedication! Finally, at 11am I was ready to get her out and into the world! Denise came to the hospital too and took some wonderful pictures of the event! I have to say, giving life to this precious little girl is the most amazing thing I have ever done! I am so glad that I got to share it with my closest friend and family members. An added benefit to this sepcial day was that she was born on Joe's great grandmother Juanita's birthday.

Margot is now 5 days old, and let me tell you, it has been a whirlwind! The first night home was tough, but it has been getting better each day we get to know her. I love her so much it is overwhelming sometimes. I am so excited to get to know her more and more, I can't wait to have mommy daughter days like my mom and I did. I know we will have so much fun together as a family. Joe and I are excited to watcher her grow and learn and become her own person. She will have a wonderful life, with amazing people apart of it. She already loves her family and her adoptive auntie Casey! I am so thankful for everything and everyone apart of this experience.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your feelings so eloquently. We are looking forward to seeing Margot in person. I remember what it was like. And, it just keeps getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill told me this morning that you had written a wonderful blog entry so I had to hurry over and read it. It's fun to read the story of a mother falling in love. The reality is so much bigger and better than the anticipation, isn't it? We're going to enjoy knowing your family in the many years ahead. Auntie Casey is a treasure too!

    ReplyDelete